Saturday, January 31, 2009

Sharing with my friends and food

Before my boys fall asleep at night, I often ask them to think of something that makes them feel happy. This usually helps them to shake the agitation and frets of the day and move them toward peaceful sleep and pleasant dreams.

My first son would say he liked imagining he was driving a train or flying. If they can't think of anything because they are too worked up, I usually come up with something that I know will bring them peace. Star wars, lightsaber battles, you know peaceful things..

Recently, I asked my 6 year old son, "What makes you happy?" as he hunkered down for a long winters sleep.

"Food. Really good food," he replied.
That's my boy.
One of his school assignments was to write and draw something that Martin Luther King was working toward...

He wrote, "Sharing with my friends and food"
His picture showed two figures battling with light sabers eating what looked like a grilled cheese sandwiches.
I really have no idea where he gets it.

No comments: