Thursday, December 4, 2008

Z Pizza

I met my friend Laura for lunch at Z Pizza yesterday.
Laura is a gorgeous gal that sings like a rock star, in fact I sound a great deal like her when I'm belting out tunes in the Honda van. We met about six years ago when our two oldest were in preschool together.

Laura was familar with the Z Pizza joint since she stomps in that part of the hood. I went there once and knew I needed to go back and try a different item or two.
The restaurant uses such fresh organic ingredients and interesting combinations of flavors, I was kinda surprised to find out it was a chain. A California chain...which I guess explains it.

You can get a lunch special one slice of the pizza of the day and a salad for 7.95.

I chose the Tuscan Mushroom Pizza made with homemade roasted garlic sauce, mozzarella, Cremini, Shiitake and Button mushrooms, caramelized onions, feta, truffle oil and fresh thyme. The crust is made with Montana Winter Flour. I'm not sure what that means, but it is thin and fresh. But really I'm a girl all about the toppings, so I just sorted to scraping the stuff off the top and eating it with a fork. The same kind of stuff I give my three year old grief over, but I point out -- I did use a fork.

The salad was the garden salad which used mixed greens and they do a good job of tossing the dressing in without drowning it. Love black olives, but frankly....could do without them on this salad.

I feel this place is kind of a secret around these parts, because if word got out....fuggetaboutit there's not getting a seat for lunch.
Good thing no one reads this blog.

5315 Windard Pkwy
Next to Starbucks
Alpharetta

No comments: